Market Update 7.17.18 – Betting Volumes on Augur Cross $1 Million
Betting Volumes on Augur Cross $1 Million
According to data from Predictions.Global, a website that lets users view Augur predictions without actually downloading the app, the platform showed a massive spike in open interest between Sunday, July 15 and Monday, July 16. Open Interest is a metric that measures how much is being bet on outcomes of real-world events. That number jumped 51% to the first day of the week, to $325,000.
Augur was launched just a week ago and is one of the first large scale apps to use the Ethereum platform. The platform has already shown massive growth in terms of how much money users have put on the line for predicting real-world outcomes.
Find out more here.
CFA Exam to Have Crypto Section
The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) exams, known to be one of the toughest exams, is now expected to get even tougher. Stephen Horan, the CFA Institute’s managing director for general education and curriculum, announced that they were adding topics on cryptocurrency as well as blockchain to their test papers in August of 2019.
According to Horan, the organization that oversees the CFA exams has observed that the field of cryptocurrencies has been advancing much more that other fields. The Institute also sees the industry as more durable and that it is not a passing fad.
Read more here.
Kodak-branded Crypto Miner Scheme Bombs
Spotlite USA is one of the firms that has bought the license of the Kodak brand name to use on its own products (for example, Kodak LED Lighting). The company had planned to launch a Kodak-branded Bitcoin miner rental scheme called the Kodak KashMiner in January.
The mining equipment was to be rented out for an upfront fee of $3,400, after which the users could keep a share of the cryptocurrency they mined. Unfortunately, the scheme was criticized as a scam. Critics said that there was no way a miner could make a steady $375 per month and that the company had not taken into account that Bitcoin mining was now very complicated.
Read the rest of the story here.
Total Market Cap: July 17
The crypto market’s volume of trade is now $15.57 billion, a $4 billion jump from yesterday. The market’s capitalization has also increased to its current value of $269.61 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: July 17
Bitcoin continued its upward momentum, almost touching the $7k mark, with a current token price of $6695.48, which is a 4.91% increase since yesterday’s price. Trading volume in the crypto is $4.99 billion and its market value is $114.75 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: July 17
Ethereum’s also increased by 4.36% to trade at a price of $473.70 per token. Ethereum’s current volume of trading is $1.97 billion and its market value is $47.72 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: July 17
Gains continue as all the top ten cryptocurrencies gained in token price in trading so far today. The biggest gainers were Bitcoin Cash, which gained 7.97%, followed by EOS, which saw a rise of 7.48% and Litecoin, which rose by 5.87%. Bitcoin also gained by 4.91% so far today.
- Bitcoin rose 4.91% to $6695.48. The cryptocurrency’s market value is currently $114.75 billion.
- Ethereum rose 4.36% to $473.70. The cryptocurrency’s market value is currently $47.72 billion.
- Ripple rose 5.75% to $0.470912. The cryptocurrency’s market value is currently $18.48 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash rose 7.97% to $785.11. The cryptocurrency’s market value is currently $13.53 billion.
- EOS rose 7.48% to $7.90. The cryptocurrency’s market value is currently $7.07 billion.
- Litecoin rose 5.87% to $83.44. The cryptocurrency’s market value is currently $4.79 billion.
- Stellar rose 3.98% to $0.229915. The cryptocurrency’s market value is currently $4.31 billion.
- Cardano rose 5.30% to $0.151019. The cryptocurrency’s market value is currently $3.91 billion.
- IOTA rose 7% to $1.07. The cryptocurrency’s market value is currently $2.96 billion.
- Tether stays stead at its token price of $1. The cryptocurrency’s market value is currently $2.71 billion.