Market Update 1.18.19 – Bitcoin Now Available at Select Grocery Stores
Bitcoin Now Available at Select Grocery Stores
Coinme and Coinstar announced jointly on Thursday that they have partnered in an initiative to bring Bitcoin purchases closer to home. Coinme is an ATM company, while Coinstar is a coins-to-cash converting firm. Together they are looking installing kiosks in some states in the US, from where users will be able to buy Bitcoin.
In the beginning, on certain Safeway and Albertsons grocery stores in the states of Washington, California and Texas will house these kiosks, however, the companies will extend these offerings to other retailers based on the success of the venture.
Read more here.
SEAT Joins Alastria Consortium
SEAT, the state-owned Spanish auto maker, joined the Alastria Consortium in an effort to develop Blockchain powered products. Alastria is a semi-public consortium that spans multiple industries and is backed by more than 70 organizations. Some of the major companies in the consortium include Telefonica, Banco Santander, Repsol, BBVA and Accenture.
SEAT, as a part of this collaboration, will test how Blockchain can help in the finance sector, with the aim of improving and optimizing current processes and smoothing supply chain management.
Find out more here.
Lubin Joins ErisX Board of Directors
ConsenSys founder Joseph Lubin is joining crypto based startup firm ErisX’s board of directors. ErisX is a cryptocurrency exchange that is a reboot of Eris Exchange, a futures market. Last year in December, ErisX had raised $27.5 million from major investors Nasdaq Ventures and Fidelity Investments.
ErisX underlined Lubin’s expertise in the field as well as his extensive experience in the cryptocurrency industry. Besides Lubin, Cris Conde, the co-founder of the software firm Devon Systems which was later bought over by SunGard, also joined the ErisX board. Under Conde’s guidance, SunGard went on to become one of the few software companies that was on the Fortune 500 list. Another new addition to the company is Matt Trudeau, who has joined as the chief strategy officer of ErisX.
Read more about this story here.
Total Market Cap: Jan 18
The capitalization of the cryptocurrency market has inched up since yesterday and currently stands at $122.32 billion. The trading volumes in the market today are at $17.23 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: Jan 18
Bitcoin’s price is up by 0.76% in today’s trading, and currently stands at $3664.20 per token. The crypto’s capitalization in the market is now $64.07 billion and trading volumes are currently $5.28 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: Jan 18
Ethereum has gained 0.16% since yesterday and is currently trading at a price of $122.58. The valuation of the altcoin in the crypto market is now $12.80 billion and trading volumes are at $2.45 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: Jan 18
Losses and gains in the top ten cryptos are marginal in trading so far today. The only loss is being experienced by Bitcoin SV’s whose price is down by 0.06%. Tron is leading the way in terms of price gains, with a 2.77% increase since yesterday. Stellar (up by 2.52%) and Bitcoin Cash (up by 1.71%) follow with the next biggest gains.
- Bitcoin’s price is $3664.20, going up by 0.76%. Right now, the virtual asset’s valuation is $64.07 billion.
- Ripple’s price is $0.328214, going up by 0.34%. Right now, the virtual asset’s valuation is $13.47 billion.
- Ethereum’s price is $122.58, going up by 0.16%. Right now, the virtual asset’s valuation is $12.80 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s price is $130, going up by 1.71%. Right now, the virtual asset’s valuation is $2.28 billion.
- EOS’s price is $2.49, going up by 2.25%. Right now, the virtual asset’s valuation is $2.25 billion.
- Stellar’s price is $0.108639, going up by 2.52%. Right now, the virtual asset’s valuation is $2.07 billion.
- Tether’s price is $1.02, going up by 0.24%. Right now, the virtual asset’s valuation is $2.04 billion.
- Litecoin’s price is $31.57, going up by 0.84%. Right now, the virtual asset’s valuation is $1.89 billion.
- TRON’s price is $0.025076, going up by 2.77%. Right now, the virtual asset’s valuation is $1.67 billion.
- Bitcoin SV’s price is $77.13, down 0.06%. Right now, the virtual asset’s valuation is $1.35 billion.