FEB’s Twitter Account Taken Over by Hackers
The Federation of Enterprises in Belgium (FEB), a non-profit organization that promotes Belgian businesses, saw its Twitter account taken over on January 9 by hackers who then converted it into a fake affiliate account of the San Francisco based cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase.
The hackers than posted a fake giveaway promo on the Twitter account, supposedly celebrating the growth of Coinbase’s user base. The tweet has since been deleted from the account.
Find out more about this story here.
Research Shows Monero is Most Popular for Malicious Mining
According to a new study conducted by two researchers, Guillermo Suarez-Tangil (King’s College London) and Sergio Pastrana (Universidad Carlos III de Madrid), the cryptocurrency Monero (XMR) is by far the most popular digital asset for hackers using malicious malware to mine cryptos.
The report showed that hackers have mined more than 4.32% of all XMR in circulation. The two researchers stated that about 2,218 estimated mining campaigns have accumulated around 720,000 XMR. Of this, one campaign has mined over 163,000 XMR (~$18 million), which is about 23% of the maliciously mined total.
Read more on this story here.
4 Crypto Firms in Thailand Granted Business Licenses
According to a notice published by the Thai Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on January 8, the country’s Ministry of Finance has awarded business licenses to four cryptocurrency related companies. These licenses were issued by the Ministry on the recommendation of the SEC.
The four companies that were given licenses to operate are cryptocurrency exchanges Bitcoin Exchange Co. Ltd., Satang Corporations and Bitkub Online Co. Ltd. as well as a crypto-brokerage Coins TH Co. Ltd. A fifth company, Coin Asset Co. Ltd., also applied for a business license, however its application is still under consideration, according to the notice.
Read the details of this story here.
Total Market Cap: Jan 10
The valuation of the crypto market has fallen almost by $10 billion since yesterday to its current $128.44 billion. The trading volumes in the market are at $19.34 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: Jan 10
Bitcoin has once again dropped below the $4k mark, and is trading at $3832.20 per token, which is a 5.49% plunge in the last 24 hours. Capitalization is now at $66.96 billion and trading volumes are at $6.02 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: Jan 10
Ethereum has once more fallen down to third place after a 10.50% plunge in the last 24 hours. The token’s price is now $136.39 and its capitalization is $14.22 billion. Trading volumes are currently at $2.74 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: Jan 10
With most of the top ten cryptocurrencies’ prices plunging massively in the last 24 hours, TRON continues to stand out with an 8.53% jump in its token price. Tether is also marginally up by 0.13%. The rest of the top cryptos have dipped sharply, with Bitcoin Cash taking the biggest hit, its price falling by a massive 12.91% since yesterday. Ether’s fall follows closely with a 10.50% drop and Litecoin has also fallen by 10.15%.
- Bitcoin’s price is $3832.20, falling 5.49%. The digital asset is now worth $66.96 billion.
- Ripple’s price is $0.349174, falling 5.23%. The digital asset is now worth $14.24 billion.
- Ethereum’s price is $136.39, falling 10.50%. The digital asset is now worth $14.22 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s price is $140.33, falling 12.91%. The digital asset is now worth $2.46 billion.
- EOS’s price is $2.60, falling 7.81%. The digital asset is now worth $2.35 billion.
- Stellar’s price is $0.115235, falling 6.78%. The digital asset is now worth $2.20 billion.
- Litecoin’s price is $35.58, falling 10.15%. The digital asset is now worth $2.13 billion.
- TRON’s price is $0.029480, gaining 8.53%. The digital asset is now worth $1.96 billion.
- Tether’s price is $1.02, gaining 0.13%. The digital asset is now worth $1.93 billion.
- Bitcoin SV’s price is $78.92, falling 9.84%. The digital asset is now worth $1.38 billion.