Market Update 12.05.18 – Hyperledger Creates Cryptography Library
Hyperledger Creates Cryptography Library
Hyperledger’s Technical Steering Committee has given its approval for the Ursa project, which is a modular cryptographic library. According to the announcement made by Hyperledger, as they have continued to grow and mature, they have found that projects have developed a need for sophisticated cryptographic implementations.
By creating a shared library, projects will be able to share knowledge about their cryptographic implementations instead of having to create their own protocols from scratch. This library will also help developers avoid wasting time and effort on creating a protocol that already exists.
Read more about this story here.
Bitcoin Trader Says He was Wrongfully Blacklisted
Mohammed Ghorbaniyan, an Iranian Bitcoin trader, claims that he has been wrongly blacklisted by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), which is a part of the US Treasury Department. His name and address was added to the government’s list of sanctions the previous week.
The OFAC stated that these people on their list had extorted the cryptocurrency from over 200 victims that included hospitals, corporates, government agencies as well as universities who had reportedly been impacted by the SamSam ransomware virus.
However, Ghorbaniyan stated that he did not know the origins of his supposedly “tainted” Bitcoin. The Iranian stated in an interview that his Blockchain.info account as well as his Gmail account had been suspended.
Read about the rest of the story here.
Satang Raising Funds via Security Token Offering
Satang Corp., the cryptocurrency exchange based in Thailand, is planning to raise almost $10 million via a Security Token Offering (STO). According to local news reports, these plans are being supported by the Government of Thailand as part of its efforts to make the country a Blockchain hub and also develop regulations for cryptos as well as Blockchain.
According to the CEO of Satang, Poramin Insom, this STO will be conducted during the first quarter of next year. The crypto exchange is planning to use the $9.9 million that it plans to raise to create an e-wallet which will allow its customers to make payments.
Find out more about this story here.
Total Market Cap: Dec 05
The crypto market continues to slip, going down a notch from yesterday to $125.23 billion. Volumes of trade are currently at $13.30 billion.
Bitcoin Price Analysis: Dec 05
Bitcoin continues to stay just under the $4k mark, currently trading down by 3.04% at $3885.36 per token, with its market value being $67.63 billion. Trading volumes for the crypto are now $4.97 billion.
Ethereum Price Analysis: Dec 05
Ether continues to fall, with today’s current price of $107.94 being 3.52% lower than yesterday’s. The altcoin’s market worth is now $11.18 billion with trading volumes of $1.89 billion.
State of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies: Dec 05
The stablecoin Tether is the only cryptocurrency in the top ten list that is trading up, and that very marginally at 0.05%. The rest of the top cryptos are all in the red, with the losses being led by EOS, which has plunged by 10.84%, followed by Bitcoin Cash, which has nosedived 10.72% and Bitcoin SV, which is down by 8.08%.
- Bitcoin’s trading price is $3885.36, slipping 3.04% since yesterday. The crypto’s worth is now $67.63 billion.
- Ripple’s trading price is $0.347051, slipping 2.77% since yesterday. The crypto’s worth is now $13.99 billion.
- Ethereum’s trading price is $107.94, slipping 3.52% since yesterday. The crypto’s worth is now $11.18 billion.
- Stellar’s trading price is $0.146601, slipping 4.10% since yesterday. The crypto’s worth is now $2.80 billion.
- Bitcoin Cash’s trading price is $140.09, slipping 10.72% since yesterday. The crypto’s worth is now $2.45 billion.
- EOS’s trading price is $2.28, slipping 10.84% since yesterday. The crypto’s worth is now $2.06 billion.
- Tether’s trading price is $0.999203, rising 0.05% since yesterday. The crypto’s worth is now $1.85 billion.
- Litecoin’s trading price is $30.58, slipping 4.01% since yesterday. The crypto’s worth is now $1.81 billion.
- Bitcoin SV’s trading price is $85.91, slipping 8.08% since yesterday. The crypto’s worth is now $1.50 billion.
- Cardano’s trading price is $0.036642, slipping 7.08% since yesterday. The crypto’s worth is now $950.03 million.